Monday, March 24, 2008

Bedroom decorating ideas

When I was a kid, all of my bedroom decorating ideas, and my bedroom decoration itself, came from my parents. It was really easy. Terms like bedroom decor ideas are not even really essential for little ones after all. All I really needed was stuffed animals and a comfortable quilt, and I would be happy. My parents came up with all kinds of great bedroom decor ideas on their own. They put up a picture of the solar system on my wall and even got me a bed that looked like a spaceship when I became interested in astronomy. Another time, they decorated my bedroom to look like one of my favorite cartoons: Danger Mouse. All in all, they had fantastic bedroom decor ideas for me, but as I began to enter adolescence, I knew that I needed to take over and make my room my own. After all, I am 13, and no longer a little girl.

Now, most of my bedroom decor ideas come from my friends. We love to get together and talk about how we like to set up our rooms. After all, aside from the clothes you wear, there is nothing that you can use to express yourself better than the way your room is decorated. That is why it is important to have the right friends. Although a lot of my bedroom decor ideas come from myself, there are a lot more of them that come from other people that I know and get to talk to. For example, my friend Michelle came up with the brilliant bedroom decorating idea of making everything, and anything in sight, pink. Oh I know, once it occurs to do it will seem obvious; it seems obvious to me now, but this is one of many bedroom decor ideas that I would not have come up with on my own. Michelle is such a girly girl though, that ideas like that come naturally to her. One of her other brilliant bedroom decor ideas was to replace my pillows with frilly ones with pictures of hearts on them.

I do not know if I have caught her fever for making a room look fantastic, but all this talk of bedroom decor ideas has made me think of my future. After careful consideration, I have figured out that I want to be an interior designer. That way, I will not only get to decorate bedrooms, but whole houses – and not just my own either. I can hardly wait to tell my parents!